Initial Skills & Proficiencies
Once the primary and secondary attributes have been assigned and some thought has been put into your character’s background and history you can then then move onto the basic skills for your character.
Skill Point Cost:
01% to 50% costs 1 point per % skill point
51% to 75% costs 2 points per % skill point
76% to 98% costs 3 points per % skill point
Your character starts out with a base of skills that were acquired during their adolescent years, through college, the military or police if applicable and from any civilian jobs they had before getting their Morrow Project training. Each character has a pool of 100(?) points to spend on these skills. You may spend the points on any skills you think fit your characters background.
List of skills:
Every Morrow team member is required to have some type of college education before joining the Project and you have two options to figure out what degree your character has. Either discuss with the PD your thoughts on what you would like or leave it to chance. Below is a chart to determine the education level of your character.
- 01% to 70% = Bachelors Degree
- 71% to 90% = Masters Degree (or two Bachelors)
- 91% to 00% = PhD (or a Masters and a Bachelors or three Bachelors)
BS degree has a level of 40%
MS degree has a level of 60%
PhD degree has a level of 80%
You can choose which degree your character has from this list: College Degrees
- Everybody starts out with their primary language at 60%.
- Everybody gets a second language at 10% to represent the extra language learned in High School*
- For each Bachelors degree you get one language at 20% or add 20% to an existing language
- For each Masters degree you get one language at 30% or add 30% to an existing language
- For each PhD you get one language at 40% or add 40% to an existing language
*If your primary language is not English then you must choose English as this language to represent taking the “ESL” course in High School. All others can choose from Spanish, French, or German.
Military or Law Enforcement Veteran
There are two options for this, either discuss with the PD your thoughts on your characters military/law enforcement background or leave it to chance. Below is a chart to determine wether your character has any military or law enforcement experience.
- 01% to 50% = Not a veteran
- 51% to 70% = Military Veteran
- 71% to 75% = Military Special Forces Veteran
- 76% to 85% = Law Enforcement/Intelligence Agency – Patrol Cop/Agent
- 86% to 95% = Law Enforcement/Intelligence Agency – Drug Prevention/Security Specialist
- 96% to 00% = Law Enforcement/Intelligence Agency – SWAT/Field Assignment
Enlisted or Officer:
- 01% to 75% = Enlisted
- 76% to 00% = Officer
- Any character with a Military, Law Enforcement or Intelligence Agency background has a 25% chance of being a combat veteran.
If your character is a veteran or combat veteran of the Military or a veteran or combat veteran of a Law Enforcement or Intelligence Agency they will receive some skill modifiers as listed here: Military or Law Enforcement Veteran
Morrow Project North Training
When initially enrolled in the Project, all personnel will undergo basic training. At this time, the following skills will be learned during Morrow Project basic training:
- +20% to Handgun
- +20% to SMG
- +20% to Rifle
- +20% to Shotgun
- +20% to Hand-to-hand Combat
- +20% to Thrown Weapons
- +20% to Drive MPV
- +20% to First Aid
- +20% to Survival
- +20% to Instruction
- +20% to GPK (General Project Knowledge)
Recovery Skills (pick any two)
- +30% to Animal Husbandry, Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Farming, Masonry or Tailoring
Following basic training all Morrow Project Team members undergo further training, it is during this time that they learn the skills that are required to function together as a Morrow Project Team. By virtue of the broad spectrum of subjects taught to the Morrow Project personnel during Team training all members also receive a basic grounding in a few degree skills.
Team Training Package
- +10% to Hand Gun
- +10% to Rifle
- +25% to Survival
- +20% to First aid
- +30% to Reconnaissance
- +20% to Drive M.P.V.
- +20% to Heavy Vehicle Operation
- +20% to Repair Mechanical
- +20% to Crew Served Weapons
- +10% to any 6 degree skills
Post basic and Team training
After Morrow Project basic and Team training your character receives an additional pool of 100(?) points to spend on skills that pertain to their specific Team job/position.
At this point your character should be nearly finished – all you may need to do is complete any fleshing out of their history or background and discuss with the PD any other information about your character that needs clarification or is of note.